Pokemon FireRed Rocket Edition (Pokemon Fire Red Hack) is a remake of the original Pokemon Fire Red game. A hacker ROM nicknamed colonel salt created this game with a completely new theme that revolved around the main group of villains, Team Rocket. The first time players experience the story from a completely new perspective, in the game you will understand more about the past and the current purpose of the bad but equally interesting. There are also many tweaks that make the gameplay of the game somewhat different from the original version.
– Steal Pokémon from every single Trainer in the game. Unlike other Team Rocket-based hacks, Rocket Edition allows you to steal a Pokémon from every single Trainer in the game once you’ve defeated them in battle. As you rise up the ranks of Team Rocket, you will gain the opportunity to steal from more and more Trainer classes.
– Experience the true story behind Red’s adventures. The game’s story runs parallel to the original FireRed, revealing hidden secrets about what goes on in the Kanto region when Red is not around. Incorporating numerous popular fan theories about the Pokémon universe, Rocket Edition presents an original take on the classic FireRed narrative that is filled with twists and surprising revelations.
– Engage well-known characters in Pokémon battle. All of the significant characters from the original game make their appearance in Rocket Edition, and many of them will challenge you to battle as well. Depending on your rank within Team Rocket, you may even be able to steal one of their Pokémon for yourself!
– Morality system and branching sidequests. Although you are a Rocket, you are free to choose whether to play it nice or to go out on a villainous rampage – the game will reward you for either. Many of Kanto’s citizens, innocents, and criminals alike, will request your help for independent criminal missions, offering additional perks and bonus items. Whom you decide to help and whom you decide to double-cross may turn out to have far-reaching consequences as your journey continues …
– Gen VI-style mechanics and presentation. Courtesy of MrDollSteak wonderful patch, the Fairy type, the modern physical / special split, and attacks from generations IV, V and VI are all present in Rocket Edition. Proper names of Trainers, Pokémon and locations have all been decapitalized in the style of the modern games as well.
– Overall improved interface and gameplay. Run – inside or outside – from the very start of the game, or use the HM for Fly at your leisure from the moment you step outside. Encounter rates in caves and in water have been significantly reduced, and the player faces every challenged Trainer before the battle.