Pokemon Polished Crystal is a remake of the original Pokemon Crystal game created by a talented ROM hacker nicknamed Rangi. The plot of the game remains the same with the original version, participating in the game you will still become a young trainer in the journey to defeat the Gym Leaders and Elite Four at Johto to become the champion, after Go to Kanto and fight Red. And it seems that is the only similarity of this version to the original game when everything has been changed including new Pokemon, new moves, new mechanics, new maps, new events, new trainers, new items, and Red. is not even the end of the game. The difficulty of the game is also increased.
FEATURES (note: this is not all)
– The entire Pokemon of 253 Pokemon can be caught in one game. Some Pokemon, like Houndour, Murkrow, and Misdreavus, are available at sensible locations in -Johto without having to wait for Kanto.
– Added: Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Togekiss, Weavile, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, Yanmega, Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Munchlax.
– Removed: Spearow, Fearow, Lickitung, Goldeen, the Seaking, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Shuckle, Aipom, Stantler, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum, and Delibird. (I miss them too. :()
– New evolution methods work, like Eevee evolving into Glaceon near Ice Rock, or Yanma evolving into Yanmega when knowing AncientPower.
– Item trade evolutions (like Seadra holding a Dragon Scale) now evolve by leveling up while holding the item
.– Machoke, Graveler, Haunter, and Kadabra evolve by having sufficient stat exp in Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special respectively (five Protein, Iron, Carbos, or Calcium is enough) .–
Magneton evolves into Magnezone near the Lodestone in Rock Tunnel
– Added: Aerial Ace, Air Slash, Aqua Tail, Astonish, Avalanche, Bug Buzz, Bulk Up, Bullet Punch, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, DazzlinGleam, Disarm Voice, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Drain Kiss, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Extrasensory, Fairy Wind, Flare Blitz, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Gunk Shot, Hail, Hex, Hone Claws, Hurricane, Hyper Voice, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Iron Head, Metal Sound, Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Night Slash, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Power Gem, Psystrike, Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Water Pulse, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp, X-Scissor, and Zen Headbutt.
– Removed: Acid Armor, Amnesia, Barrage, Beat Up, Bide, Bind, Bone Club, Bone Rush, Bubble, Clamp, Comet Punch, Constrict, Conversion2, Cotton Spore, Detect, Fissure, Frustration, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Jump Kick, Kinesis, Lovely Kiss, Meditate, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Mimic, Mind Reader, Mirror Move, Poison Gas, Powder Snow, Present, Psych Up, Psywave, Razor Wind, Rolling Kick, Sharpen, Skull Bash, Smog, Snore, Spider Web, Spite, Sweet Scent, Synthesis, Tail Whip, Vice Grip, and Withdraw.
– Learn sets have been updated close to Gen VI, with missing moves replaced by similar, egg, TM, or event-exclusive moves.